Friday, February 20, 2015

Establishment of the Peck Family Burying Ground at Clapboard Ridge, Greenwich (1811)



Greenwich Land Records Deed: April 20, 1811
Signed on May 10, 1811 and Recorded June 6, 1811

Know all men by these presents that I Elias Peck of Greenwich in Fair-
field County and State of Connecticut for the consideration of $10 rec'd to
my full satisfaction of my brother Benjamin Peck, James Peck, Nathan, Platt Mead
and James Peck Junr all of Greenwich do by these presents give, grants, bargain
and sell and confirm onto them the said Benjamin James Nathan Platt and James
Junr. and their heirs forever the use and improvement of the following de-
scribed piece of land for the privilege of a Burying place where my honored
father Benjamin Peck late of said Greenwich dec'd was buried. Said piece of land
is lying and being in said Greenwich in the West Society thereof being
three rods wide on the West and four rods on the North three rods on the East
and four on the South and bounded West by the land of Samuel Peck North
East and South on by my own land reserving for myself and my heirs forever
the privilege of burying on the aforesaid described piece of land the above convey-
acne is made to the said Benjamin James Nathan Platt and James Junr. and
to their heirs forever for the only use of a burying place for myself said Benja-
min James Nathan Platt and James Junr. and our heirs forever so
that all the descendants from our said father Benjamin Peck dec'd may have
a family burying place and said land is not meant to be improved  in any other
way for agriculture then by pasture the fee of said land is not meant to be
improved be conveyed but only the privilege of a burying in place for said Benjamin
James Nathan Platt and James Junr and their heirs.

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD the said premises unto the said Benjamin James Nathan Platt and James Junr and their heirs forever the privilege of burying in said described piece
of land with myself and my heirs forever. And the said Elias pack do for my-
self my heirs executors and admr. covenant with the said Benjamin James
Nathan Platt and James Junr. and their that at and until the unsealing
of these presents I am well seized of the premises as a good indefendable estate in
fee simple and have good right to bargain and said sell said privilege in manner and
form as above written and that the same is free of all encumbrance whatsoever
And furthermore I said Elias Peck by these presents bind myself &
heirs to warrant and defend the said priviledge of a burying place on
said premises with the said Benjamin James Nathan Platt James
Jun. and their heirs with the privilege of going to and from the same, In
witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand seal in Greenwich
the 20th day of April 1811   In the presence of
                                                                               Elias Peck Junr.                                  
Nancy Mead                                        
Ebenezer Mead

Fairfield County in Greenwich on the 10th day of May 1811 personally appeared Elias Peck signer and sealer of
the foregoing instrument and acknowledged the same to be
his free attained deed before me
Ebenezer Mead Justice of Peace

Rec'd to Record June ye 6th 1811
and recorded by me Jabez Fitch, Register



No comments:

Post a Comment